English is obviously one of the most internationally recognised languages. However, it’s definitely not the only one used for global marketing strategies.
If you want to enter foreign markets and achieve international success, you’ll need more than just English.
You can’t always necessarily assume that your target audience will know English very well in foreign markets. That’s why you’ll need someone to translate everything of importance to your company’s foreign outreach, someone who understands your crucial business procedures.
Reaching out to a professional translation agency is your best bet.
This solution guarantees that the translated texts will meet the needs of your target audience and use appropriate linguistic and cultural concepts.
Only those who translate at a professional level possess the necessary language awareness, as well as skills related to marketing and localisation, to effectively convey all meanings.
Their task is to introduce your source terminology to your target audience in the most attractive way possible, whether by means of translation, transcreation, or other strategies employed by experts.
Read on to find out why you need to use professional translation services to sell your products overseas…
Selling your products overseas
To go international and compete with other companies that have managed to enter foreign markets successfully, you’ll need the help of an expert.
If you want to sell your products and services overseas, you must pay attention not only to the products themselves but also the marketing of them to stand a chance against local businesses.
You may think that you can translate everything on your own and come up with an effective marketing strategy at the same time. However, machine or amateur translations will never get you to the place you want to be.
Are translation services the right answer?
Simply put, translation involves rendering content from a source language into a target language.
Professional translators possess the necessary expertise and knowledge of both languages necessary to ensure that your target audience receives the crucial information and is able to understand it.
Translation is not an easy task, especially if you take into account various cultural nuances and other contexts well known to your target audience but not necessarily to you. That’s why translation and localisation strategies are the best solutions when you start to sell products overseas.
Professional translators use various translation strategies to ensure that the meaning is conveyed in the most effective way. Direct translations are very often insufficient, because they fail to take account of linguistic and cultural nuances.
Experts often opt for a strategy called transcreation, which involves reinventing certain language concepts and creating a text that’s easily understandable to foreign customers.
Transcreation also means that instead of introducing your native vocabulary’s nuances, which may not directly translate well to other languages, the more complicated terms are adjusted to suit your target audience.
This process involves a certain amount of linguistic prowess and creativity, and it’s also a friendly approach, highly effective in conveying meaning and getting your intended message across.
What sort of translation services will you need?
Depending on your business, you’ll need different types of translation services. Obviously, many companies focus on a particular market niche.
Within this segment they are selling products similar to those of their competitors or offering comparable services, and adopting diverse marketing strategies to succeed internationally.
You therefore need to assess what kind of professional content you wish to have translated. Our agency can provide you with translations in these sectors:
- Travel and hospitality
- Marketing and market research
- Lifestyle, fashion, and retail
These are some of the most common translation services you may need to use in order to sell your products overseas.
Some may not apply to your specific company, and in some cases you may even require further assistance, for example, in the form of interpreting.
What is certain is that you will need some of them. In a moment we’ll look at what situations may prompt you to use them.
Delivering your services internationally
Now let’s talk about when you may be in need of translation services for the different stages of international service/product delivery.
- Cross-border trade. This is the first step for you and your company looking to expand your professional reach at an international level. At this point, you may not experience the need for translation personally, because you won’t have to travel internationally just yet. You do, however, need to ensure that your translated content is of the best quality. The translators you hire must cover all areas of your business involved in attracting new customers, and present your offer in a professional and inviting way.
- Setting up abroad. This step involves establishing your presence overseas and gaining international recognition for your brand. This is when you might need the help of professional translators specialising in legal or financial matters. Remember that, regardless of the type of products you’re selling, you will need to comply with regulations in your target countries and offer services of similar or better quality than those provided by local businesses.
- Consumption by foreign visitors. In this scenario, your customers visit your country to benefit from your services, such as training seminars or workshops. Local tourism services and international travel also fall into this category.
- Travel abroad. This may occur when you manage to establish new business connections in your target country. You might want to develop your brand to a greater extent, selling more products and entering new markets. If your employees need to travel abroad in order to carry out your business operations, translation services in a given target language will prove invaluable.
The benefits of translation services for your business abroad
The decision to use professional translation services for your business abroad gives you the edge over your competitors. The benefits of adopting this strategy include:
- Building new business connections. Depending on your type of business, you can opt for the translation strategies that suit your needs. A professional translator decides what’s best – translation, transcreation, localisation, or maybe even voice over and subtitling for your promotional videos. When you want to enter a foreign market, a properly created translation will help you introduce your products or services to your new target audience, make new professional connections, and start building up a loyal client base.
- Creating brand consistency over time. If your brand is correctly managed, you can start building your presence in the new target market and eventually reach a wider audience. Consumers are more likely to decide to use your product or service if they perceive your business to be reliable and trustworthy.
- Increasing your retention rate. If you want to expand internationally with your product or service, you need to gain new customers and keep increasing your professional reach. Translation services can help you with that, because they enable you to establish contact with your new target consumers in their local language.
- Better planning. Translation services are often preceded or accompanied by thorough market research, which is necessary if you want to succeed in a foreign market. This will help you plan further professional operations, develop your business, and expand your offer according to your new customers’ needs. Going international with your brand is not easy, and not all companies succeed. If you want to ensure a positive outcome for your business, you need to take aspects such as competitor analysis and market research seriously.
- Improved chance of generating more profit. All these factors can help you achieve your ultimate goal, which is professional success abroad. With the help of a reputable translation agency like Architekst, you can turn your business’s foreign market plans into a successful reality.
As you can see, you can benefit exponentially from the decision to use translation services to sell your products overseas.
It is indeed quite a challenging venture, so having the right mindset from the get-go will help you focus on effective ways to bring your plans to fruition.
Although English is an international language, you should never underestimate the power of well-translated content – it’s your gateway to international success.
If you think about the role and impact of translation on companies worldwide, it’s safe to say that it has become a marketing strategy in itself.
That’s why you should look into it, especially if you want to go international with your business and sell your products or services overseas.
Don’t wait! Reach out to us now to get a quote and learn more about what we can offer you.